Sunday, August 14, 2011

New Age Pledge for every Indian Citizen

New Age Pledge for Indians
                                                     ~ Srikant Rao

I am an Indian
My identity is my pride

I shall respect every citizen and
I shall respect their freedom

I shall be courteous towards my brethren
I shall be courteous and thankful to my neighbourhood

I shall not become an obstacle and
I shall cooperate in India's progressive development

However, I shall question anything that is against the constitution
and I shall do everything in my capacity to stop such a practice

I shall not let achievements bloat into an ego
I shall not bask in false sense of glory

I realize that I'm only a miniscule contributor
To the culturally diverse sovereignty, our motherland, India

I am an Indian and
THAT identity is my pride

1 comment:

  1. THAT identity was lost for a long time and we are slowly gaining it back is what I am seeing off-late

    ReplyDelete