Sunday, June 9, 2013

Seven Years of Awesomeness with my Wife


To the meaning of my existence - To My Life
                                                                                             ~ Srikant R Rao

It took all of seven minutes to make up my mind
Immersed in your eyes; lost myself to an immortal bind

Such honesty and simplicity which was impossible to find
Twas unbelievable, to me, life was so kind.

(Saptapadi)
Seven are the steps to matrimony 
For us to align with ourselves and the universe in harmony

(Saat samundar)
Seven are the seas of the world
1st year of our marriage, turbulences unfurled

(Saptagiri)
Seven are the mountains of fame 
Although an uphill task, our arguments grew frivolous and excuses lame

(Satrang)
Seven are the colurs so bright
We received a courier, at the end of the tunnel, there was light

(Saptasur)
Seven are the musical notes
She played with such fervour, reinforced, hope floats

(Saptarishi)
Seven are the stars in the constellation
Our lives aligned, moving in fluidic motion

(Saat janm)
Seven are the sacred lives as mentioned in the legend 
To savour every moment with you alone, all rules, I shall break and bend

It’ll take all of seven seconds for me to re-establish
My vows, my faith and my love, on you, to embellish

Such honesty and simplicity which is still impossible to find
It is still unbelievable, to me, life is so kind.

1 comment: