Thursday, October 31, 2013

Be Unique! Be Yourself

The nerves tight, thoughts racing through, my mind was running full throttle.
The pressure was more than what was intended in the launch pad.
All of a sudden, without the customary countdown, ignition and in the blink of an eye, I was weightless.

Then as the fog cleared, I was flying over the scenic countryside.
The few moments of solitude came to an abrupt end.
I was staring at a queue.

I could see the sun rise from between the two hills.
I could clearly hear the water flowing in the river nearby. I heard the cattle by the well.
But I could not see the "Dream" House by ther river. The house with a door, a window and a chimney. Although I could see the smoke emitting out of it.
I realized, this dream was too overcrowded.

I changed the course and went in a different direction.
En-route, I saw a big crowd looking for something. Later, realized they were all searching for their "Dream-girl"
I thanked myself to be out of that phase of life.

As I wandered further in search of some peace and tranquillity, the crowd got thicker.

It started to sink in. My dreams are not unique anymore.
There are hordes of people dreaming the same thing.

Meanwhile, I could hear a cry from some corner. I changed the coordinates and set off in the direction of the noise.
As I got nearer, the noise got louder and I realized it's not singular.
I thought, maybe the world is in Danger. Aha, time to turn a hero.
Felt a wave of new energy within. I almost tore off my shirt expecting the cape to start flying (if not me).

But I felt a big punch on my face. I was standing in front of this crazy huge guy.
He asked, "Passport and visa please." Until then, I did not realize I was carrying it with me.
Then in a robotic tone, he asked, "What's the purpose of your visit Sir?"
I said, "Hey. You are mistaken. I'm not here to visit your country. I want to save the world"

He punched once again and said in a 'matter of fact' tone.
"You can only dream of coming here to the land of opportunities.
Only after you go through the grind and become a citizen, can you be authorized. It's the 'right to dream' of our citizens to save the world. Not yours"

In the background, the fuel indicator started to sound out the warning alarm. Maybe, it was time to return.

Then I woke up, dismissed the alarm. Got about my morning duties.
And within minutes, I was off to another grinding day at work.

Trying to save my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment